These 5 Workout Machines for Lower Back Will Rid You of Back Pain
People typically work out their muscles and abs using the best cardio machines to get in shape. But the lower back muscles also play a role. The back muscles assist In bending forward, turning to the side, and raising objects off the ground. Therefore, the best workout machines for lower back are an excellent addition to your back routine.
These workouts concentrate on developing the lower back muscles, resulting in a fully developed back and a healthier spine.
So, whether you’re an athlete, engage in high-intensity training, or like to stay in shape, having a strong and functioning core is crucial to overall performance. Even if you don’t fit into one of these groups, strengthening your lower back can help your posture and prevent back pain. I have put together five effective lower back machines you should add to your routine.
Lat Pulldown Exercise Machine
The lat pulldown exercise strengthens the back muscles. This exercise is done using an exercise machine with adjustable resistance. The muscle it targets is called the latissimus dorsi, also known as “lats.”
This exercise aids with good posture and facilitates pulling actions like opening doors, performing pull-ups, starting lawnmowers, etc.
How to Use Lat Pulldown Exercise Machine
- Make sure you’re seated comfortably on the pulldown seat and maintain your feet.
- Verify that the bar’s height is appropriate for you based on your height. You can change the size by extending or retracting the bar’s cable or adjusting the seat height.
- It would help if you did not rise, and your hands must reach the bars entirely.
- Hold the bar firmly with an overhand and a broad grip.
- Knuckles up and pulls the bar down with your grip.
- Bring the bar down until your chin is level.
- While drawing down, let out a breath. Moving backward is acceptable, but you should try to maintain a motionless upper torso.
- While you pull, contract your abs. When your elbows can no longer move any further below without moving backward, you should stop tugging.
- Keep your shoulders square and squeeze your shoulder blades at the same time.
- Return gradually to the beginning position while continuing the steady ascent once you’ve reached chin level.
Tip: The exercise is carried out while seated with constrained upper thighs. It would help if you lowered a hanging bar till it is at your chin level while sitting.
- Lat pulldowns are a great way to strengthen your lats.
- It can be done with just a resistance band.
- Lat pulldowns can be done with one hand.
- More resistance options.
- Lesser focus on technique.
- Less core activation.
- Incorrect range of motion.
Get it on Amazon at a range of $32-$76
Seated Cable Row
The back and muscular arm groups are primarily targeted and strengthened by the seated cable row, a horizontal cable pulling exercise. Let the low seated row assist you in achieving a well-balanced upper body because it is a diverse alternative for addressing any back-training issue.
How to Use Seated Cable Row
- Put your feet firmly on the platform of the cable rowing machine as you sit down.
- Make sure the metal plate supports the entire foot.
- Reach forward and grasp the cable handle attachment with both hands while bending your knees without rounding your back.
- Create a neutral grip by placing both palms in opposition to one another.
- Take the weight of the cable and return the legs to their initial position.
- Hold onto a slight bend in your knees, breathe in and contract your glutes, grip, and core.
- Move the shoulders a little bit outward.
- Pulling the grip closer to your body requires bending your elbows and using your back and biceps muscles.
- Squeeze your biceps and back as hard as possible when your arms have bent to a 45-degree angle.
- Slowly bring the cable back to the initial position while maintaining the original torso position.
- Exhale, and I repeat for the desired number of reps.
Tips: Although it’s simple to try to add momentum to the sitting row, a sturdy spine ensures that you can isolate those back elements. Work within the same 8–10 rep range while maintaining a steady negative and additional squeeze to maximize all this machine offers.
- Build muscle
- Enhances strength
- Great for drop sets
- Less stress on the lower back
- Work for numerous muscle groups.
- Promotes great posture
- Some people find the neutral grip uncomfortable for their shoulders.
Cost: Get it on Alibaba at a range of $300.00 – $700.00
3. T-Bar Row
Your lower back will benefit as well as your lats if you use the free-standing version without the pad to lean on. The rhomboids, teres major, mid-traps, and rear delts are other muscles targeted by a horizontal grip.
How to Use T-bar Row
- In a room’s corner, place the end of an empty barbell.
- For support, place a heavy dumbbell or some weight plates on it.
- Load the opposite end of the bar with plates and straddle it.
- With your arms extended, squat down until your torso forms a roughly 45-degree angle to the ground.
- Place a V-grip handle under the bar and hold it with both hands. You can find these at cable stations.
- Pull the bar until the plates touch your chest while maintaining the natural arch of your lower back.
Tips: Don’t be afraid to add weight and reduce your set and rep count to 5×5 to increase the weight and volume of your workout significantly.
- It permits you to lift an additional weight.
- Those with low back issues may find the t-bar row to be a pain-free rowing alternative.
- Allow you to achieve more significant potential overload.
- Allows for limited core involvement.
- Less fatigue
- The t-bar row is easier to learn.
- The t-bar row targets only the back muscles, allowing quicker recovery times.
- Requires more equipment
- The t-bar row has less flexibility.
- The t-bar row has less carry-over to the bench press.
Get it on Amazon at a range of $28-$145
Assisted Pull-Up Machine
The assisted pull-up machine is made to help you pull yourself up, so you can concentrate on perfecting your form and finishing reps. As you get stronger, gradually reduce the amount of assistance. You’ll eventually be able to perform complete pull-ups on your own.
How to Use Assisted Pull-Up Machine
- Knees should be on the knee pad as you hold the assisted pullup machine with a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
- Lock your shoulders in this position by pulling them back and down.
- While maintaining this posture, bring the opposite knee to the pad at the same time that you raise yourself to the top starting position.
- Slowly lower your body while keeping your shoulders inward until your arms are fully extended.
- Pause at the top position before lowering.
Tip: Only utilize a little assistance to help you get back up after each repeat. Stay in the 8–10 rep range for 3–4 sets to add strength and muscle while improving your form.
- You can use them for years.
- Do not take up much space.
- Simple to put together
- Include workout training guides
- Don’t expect better packaging at delivery.
- They may not fit your size.
Get it on Amazon at $57.85
Back Extension Machine
If you experience lower back problems, this exercise machine can also help you strengthen your lower back while keeping you safe in a fixed line of motion.
Strengthening your other major back muscles will give you a bigger muscular pump. Still, the lower back should also be considered—you can accomplish your physical and performance goals by strengthening this area.
How to Use Back Extension Machine
- Put yourself on the machine first, then adjust it as necessary.
- Once you are in the correct position, pick up the dumbbell or plate.
- Hold the weight against your chest if everything is in order.
- It will add more resistance the higher you hold it.
- Ensure that your elbows are not in contact with the pad.
Tip: Add lower back exercises to your leg or chest to complete core strength training and strengthen the crucial lumbar region when your other large muscles are already exhausted. Also, If there is any discomfort, speak with your instructor and get off the equipment immediately.
- It’s a suitable deadlift alternative for people with back injuries.
- You don’t need to use a lot of weight to be effective.
- They can make back pain worse if you do them incorrectly.
Get it on Amazon at a range of $74 – $154
The health of your lower back may suffer if you do the incorrect exercises. The wrong technique might potentially injure and strain muscles. However, the best workout machines for lower back are effective when you follow the proper steps and instructions.
It’s important to always talk to a doctor to have your condition diagnosed before exercising your back.