50+ Dash Diet Recipes With Sample Meal Plan
Ever tried to find which easy dash diet recipes you can jump on now and then?
The DASH diet is also known as the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. This diet was designed to lower your blood pressure by eating foods that contain specific and helpful nutrients.
For those who want to lose some extra pounds or want to stay in shape and eat healthily, the dash diet is a good and balanced way.
No matter your reason for adopting the dash diet, if you love delicious food, you will benefit from this list.
What Is A Dash Diet?
The Dash diet is a nutritional program that has been specifically created for lowering blood pressure.
The DASH Diet was introduced in the 1990s by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, an organization of the NIH (National Institutes of Health).
Unlike many other diets, the Dash diet has been clinically shown to improve health and blood pressure. It offers flexibility as long as you meet certain goals for macronutrients.
The diet is based on the Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension (DASH) study conducted by researchers at Johns Hopkins University.
The goal of the program is to help patients lower their blood pressure within a safe time frame, and in doing so may also lose excess weight.
The dash diet is a low-fat, low-sodium, and low-cholesterol diet that encourages you to eat lean meats and plenty of vegetables.
This diet asks that you eliminate almost half of the salt you typically consume daily.
The easy dash diet recipes help to manage weight, decrease the risk of heart disease and help with an overall healthier lifestyle.
What Food Can I Include in My Dash Diet Recipes?
You can only include foods that will not affect the heart negatively either directly or indirectly. Such foods include fruits, nuts and seeds, lean proteins, olive oils and healthy fats, low fats sweets, Fresh Vegetables, whole grains.
Generally, you want to include only foods that will promote healthy heart performance. You can include any of the 50+ dash diet recipes described within this post.
What Foods Should I Limit in My Dash Diet Recipes?
Foods you should limit when following a dash diet plan include salts, red meats, added sugar, and alcohol.
Cut down on these categories of foods because, they contribute negatively to blood pressure and the heart performance.
Meals containing Sodium promote the risk of high blood pressure. Most of the sodium we consume are in salts. We find these salts in processed and canned foods, popcorn, peanuts and so on.
The salts (sodium) affect the heart by attracting added water into the blood vessels. Thereby increasing the volume of blood that the heart will have to process.
How Does The Dash Diet Help With Weight Management And Blood Pressure?
There are many different diet plans and easy dash diet recipes that you can choose from today.
The traditional low carbohydrates/high protein and low-fat diets, the high fat, no carbohydrates diets, the high fibre diets, and so on.
However, not all of these are healthy, and many don’t cover all aspects of health that you need. Not every one of them will offer you a complete solution to your weight management problems.
The Dash diet is different from the others because it is tailored to your needs as an individual.
It does this by looking at how you process certain nutrients differently from other people.
This helps the diet to find out into which groups of foods you should be grouping your meals to maximize both flavour and nutrients while still being able to lose weight.
50+ Easy Dash Diet Recipes
One of the most effective ways you can start your Dash Diet is by creating a list of Dash Diet recipes. Sometimes the hardest part of making any diet work is the recipes because they need to be tasty and healthy at the same time.
The key to success in any weight loss plan is finding meals that are delicious yet healthy.
Here are 50+ tasty and easy dash diet recipes for weight loss.
Tuna Salad and Spinach Sandwiches
Tuna Salad and Spinach Sandwiches are hearty yet healthy sandwich options that you can put together in just a few minutes.
With the right amount of salt, it is one of the easy dash diet recipes perfect for lunch.
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Bread slices
- Tuna salad
- ¼ cup finely chopped mayonnaise
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Prepare the tuna salad
- Prepare the spinach mixture
Moroccan Lamb Meatball
This Moroccan lamb meatball is one of the super easy dash diet recipes packed with flavour and healthy ingredients.
- (Serves 2)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 small onion
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 400g minced lamb
- 2tbsp low-fat butter
- 250ml tomato-based sauce (tomato puree, water)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 3tbsp chopped parsley
- Get the Moroccan Spice Mix
- Mix the meatball ingredients
- Make your meatballs
- Put them in skewers and get the grill on!
Chicken and Avocado Sushi Roll
This is one of the delicious and easy dash dish recipes for you.
- Cooked chicken, chopped (thinly sliced raw chicken will also work)
- Nori seaweed wrap
- Avocado mayonnaise
- Chopped lettuce
- Salsa (optional)
- Cut avocado into thin strips
- Slice cooked chicken
- Make sushi rice
- Add avocado to sushi rice
- Brush Nori with sesame oil
- Roll Nori in sushi mat and fill with avocado and chicken
- Cut Sushi Roll with a sushi knife
Loaded Broccoli Chowder
Loaded Broccoli Chowder is a hearty, creamy soup that is perfect for cool evenings.
It’s low carb and has lots of protein from chicken, bacon, cheese and eggs.
This makes it one of the many perfect and easy dash dish recipes.
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets, washed and cut
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth (homemade or low sodium store-bought)
- ½ cup heavy cream or unsweetened soy milk
- 3 Tbs. brown rice flour or buckwheat flour* (both gluten-free)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop broccoli into small and thin pieces.
- In a large pot, add olive oil and chopped onion.
- Let it be soft.
- Add chopped garlic and bacon bits, cook well with the bacon bits until it’s crisp, about 4 minutes or so.
- Add milk, cream, broccoli florets, and cheese cubes (grated cheddar),
Coconut Shrimp Soup
This is one of the easy dash dish recipes.
It is made with coconut milk and shrimps.
This has the taste of curry and chilli flakes with potatoes.
- Fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails optional)
- Diced onion
- Water or broth
- Can of coconut cream or milk (shake before opening)
- Shrimp stock
- Gluten-free tapioca starch/thickener if desired
- Steam or boil the shrimp
- Cut and dice the vegetables
- Prepare the batter
- Stir fry the shrimp until pink under a lid
- Add shrimp and chopped veggies to broth, cook for 4-5 minutes and then add coconut milk and simmer until ready to serve.
Cuban Tofu Sandwich
The Cuban Tofu Sandwich is a super popular dish.
An easy dash dish recipe and vegetarian.
You can’t use processed meat in this because the point of it is freshness.
- Olive oil
- Tofu in 1/2 inch slices
- Lime juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Tomato – sliced
- Use pre-made bread rolls or your favourite bread recipe.
- Toast the bread before assembling the sandwiches in the following order: tomato, tofu, onion, cilantro, and mojo sauce.
- Serve with a green salad.
Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
Chicken Satay with peanut sauce is a classic dish of Thai origin.
It is one of the easy dash diet recipes served as an appetizer or main dish.
- Grilled Chicken cut into cubes
- Peanut Sauce
- Smoothly mixed hot water and cornstarch
- In a mixing bowl, add grated coconut, peanut butter, chilli powder, salt, and sugar
- Marinate chicken
- Make sauce
- Toast skewers
- Heat Satay sauce in the microwave
- Serve with rice
Spicy Rice Cauliflower Patties
These spicy patties are such an awesome dish that can be served with pretty much everything.
It is also very easy to cook.
- Cauliflower rice
- Cumin powder
- Onion, finely chopped
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Serve with a dollop of vegan plain yogurt (optional).
- Wash the rice
- Fry the spices until they become fragrant
- Add the cauliflower
- Mix it all with the green onions and chopped cilantro
- Shape into patties
- Fry each side until golden brown
Lychee Limeade is another very refreshing and easy dash dish recipe that you can serve at home, on picnics or during the get-together. It can also be served as a beverage during hot summer months and highly popular among kids!
- Lychee liqueur
- Limeade concentrate
- Hilled lychees
- Limeade concentrate
- Club soda
- Orange slice for garnish (optional)
- Peel the limes and lychees
- Add water, sugar, lime juice, and ripe lychees to a medium pot on the stovetop
- Slice some lychee fruit into small pieces and add to the pot
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Remove from stove and let it cool for about fifteen minutes or until it reaches room temperature
- Stir in the vodka just before serving
The Coffee Doughnuts easy dash dish recipe is a great dessert for those special occasions.
- Ground coffee
- Brown sugar (little quantity)
- Whole milk
- Baking powder
- Flour ( lowest calorie flours )
- Make the coffee filling by mixing all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Then cook on medium heat, while stirring occasionally until thick (about 5 minutes).
- Cool completely then spoon into small zip-top freezer bags.
- Breakfast is ready to enjoy! Good for about 3 months.
Cranberry-Nut Granola Bars
- Dry cranberries
- Oats (optional)
- Prepare the cranberry mixture
- Pre-bake the bars
- Assemble the bars
- Chop the almonds
- Bake the granola bars
Warm Quinoa, Chicken, and Spinach Salad
This easy dash dish recipe is low in carbs and perfect for ketogenic dieters.
- Uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- Baby spinach
- Red bell pepper
- Chopped Granny Smith apple
- Cooked chicken
- To make this recipe, you will need to cook the quinoa and chicken for 3 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach, red bell peppers, and chopped apples.
- Garnish with avocado before serving.
Chicken Pesto Pasta
This Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe is an easy dash dish recipe that the entire family will enjoy. It makes a great dinner idea for busy weeknights.
- Fresh basil
- Pine nuts
- Chicken pieces.
- Greek yogurt
- Cook the pasta
- Add the pesto sauce and half a cup of natural yogurt to the cooked penne pasta, tossing well to coat each strand.
- Add 1 cup of shredded chicken and toss again gently so that the chicken pieces are evenly distributed in the pasta mixture.
- Serve hot.
Warm Orzo and Lentil Salad
This warm lentil and orzo salad recipe is a fresh and healthy vegetarian option for dinner.
- Uncooked whole grain orzo (a shape of pasta)
- Cooked lentils
- Warm Thai sweet chilli sauce to taste
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- A handful of fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Black pepper to taste plus cayenne pepper as needed.
- Cook the orzo in boiling water
- Heat olive oil in a pan
- Sautee onions and garlic
- Cook lentils until tender
- Add in the cooked orzo, fresh parsley, tomatoes and seasonings to the lentils and mix well.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad With Feta and Shallots
It’s is a great main dish, low in calories and so tasty!
- Roasted brussels sprouts
- Sliced almonds
- Crispy bacon
- Balsamic vinegar
- Roasted garlic
- Crumbled feta cheese.
- Mix the brussels sprouts with olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven
- Add crumbled feta, chopped chives and shaved parmesan to the roasted sprouts.
- Pop the brussels sprouts in a bowl and mix with feta, shallots and chives.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers With Avocado Salsa
Shrimp skewers and avocado salsa are a fresh, healthy and colourful dish. Perfect for the summer when you don’t want to heat the house with the oven.
- Coconut Oil
- Green Onion Minced
- Minced Garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lime Juice
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Peanuts Chopped and Toasted (Optional)
- Combine the avocado, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl
- Season the shrimp skewers with pepper
- Heat a grill over medium heat
- Grill the shrimp until opaque
Lentil and Quinoa Burgers (Replace the Buns With Lettuce)
These vegan and gluten-free lentil and quinoa burgers are packed with plant-based protein and fibre. Make them in batches for lunch throughout the week, or serve them as a dinner party appetizer.
- Clean the lentils
- Pick a seasoning
- Mix the quinoa and lentils
- Shape patties and fry/bake
- Layout your lettuce
- Build the burgers
Pistachio Crusted Salmon
Pistachio-crusted salmon is one of the most delicious salmon recipes.
It is an easy dash dish recipe you should try out.
- Chopped pistachios
- Crushed corn flakes cereal
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash and drain the salmon fillet under cold water.
- Pat dry using paper towels.
- Cut along the centre of the fillet to separate it into two equal pieces. Season with pepper on both sides.
- Lay a sheet of parchment or nonstick foil on the work.
- Roast for 10-15 mins
Mexican Turkey Meatballs (Sub With Ground Beef)
The Mexican turkey is one of the easy dash diet recipes that are just slightly spicy and completely mouthwatering. These meatballs are super easy to make and great for both weeknight meals and those fun family dinners.
- Ground turkey (sub with ground beef)
- Diced onion
- Green bell pepper, diced
- Minced garlic
- Kidney beans, drained and rinsed (sub with refried beans)
- Tortilla chips, crushed (leave out for grain-free)
- Oz salsa (sub with crushed tomatoes mixed with taco seasoning)
- Cook turkey meatballs
- Add the cooked meatballs to your sofrito
- Add spices and other ingredients
- Simmer the mixture and ready to serve!
Cozy Chicken Casserole
This chicken casserole is simply delicious and easy to make.
- Chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cook chicken breasts in a pot of water for 15 minutes
- Cook rice according to package (add ½ cup hot water to the rinsed rice to make the level up)
- Cut up onion and garlic into small pieces
- Mix all ingredients with cooked rice, place in a casserole dish, cover with cheese, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and green onion (optional).
Grilled Veggies Over Pasta
You can never go wrong with vegetables. This grilled veggies over pasta are one of the very easy dash diet recipes great for you.
- Glazed Veggies
- Maple Syrup
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Place your vegetables on the grill and cook until lightly charred.
- Once they’ve grilled, pour your syrup over the veggies and toss them to the coat.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil up your pasta and serve with grilled veggies.
Thai Coconut Soup With Chicken
Try out this mouth-watering dish any time of the day.
- Chicken breasts
- Lemongrass stalk
- Red chilli
- Serrano chilli
- Heat the oil over medium/high heat
- Add the chicken to the pot
- Cook for 8-10 minutes
- Add the shallots, garlic, onion and lemongrass
- Sauté until fragrant and golden brown
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth mixture to the pot, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cooked for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges for garnish along with julienned ginger if desired
Other Easy Dash Recipes to Try Are;
23. Greek yogurt with berries and honey
24. Almond nuts
25. Apples with peanut butter and honey
26. Banana smoothie
27. Peaches and plums with cottage cheese mashed together
28. Egg salad sandwich
29. Avocado stuffed with tuna salad
30. Vegan pancakes
31. Chicken fajita
32. Avocado dip with veggie sticks
33. Carrot, cinnamon and raisin salad with a honey-lime dressing
34. Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Pasta
35. Buffalo Chicken Casserole
36. Vegetarian Chili with Zucchini Noodles
37. Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese for One
38. Black Bean Pumpkin Veggie Burgers
39. Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Bars
40. Cheesy Bean Dip
41. Cauliflower Pizza Crust
42. Cream cheese pancakes
43. Apple and cashew porridge
44. Chilli potatoes
45. Coconut chicken curry
46. Chopped avocado, egg & bacon salad
47. Garlic Butter Shrimp with Veggies
48. Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
49. Tuna Patties with Mango Chutney
50. Tasty Italian Zucchini Casserole
51. Creamy Dairy-Free Lasagna
Note: Ensure that your sodium intake is low by checking ingredients and substituting.
2-Day DASH Diet Meal Plan
The 2-Day DASH Diet sample meal plan is a handy quick reference guide for those who are following the diet. The diet is based on a 2-day routine that will help you go from where you are now to where you need to be to stay healthy.
Breakfast- ⅓ cup of bran flakes; 1 cup of skim milk; ½ cup of sliced apple
Lunch- 2 slices whole-grain bread; 2 ounces of turkey breast; lettuce leaf;’ 2 tsp. of fat-free mayonnaise
Snack- ½ cup of unsalted pretzels
Dinner- 2 oz grilled sirloin steak; 1 baked potato loaded with broccoli, cauliflower and cheese.
Breakfast– 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt with ½ tsp honey and 1 cup blueberries
Lunch- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, 2 oz lean ham, 1 tomato half, 1 lettuce leaf, 3 oz low-sodium vegetable juice
Snack- 1 cup fat-free, low-calorie yogurt and 4 vanilla wafers
Dinner- 1cup cooked lentils, ½ cup brown rice, 2 Tbsp roasted hazelnuts with a squeeze of lemon, chopped parsley to garnish.
20 Best Mediterranean Diet Desserts Recipes
The Dash diet plan is one of the best diets that you can try. This plan not only helps you to lose weight, but it also helps you to avoid other high blood pressure-related diseases.
The easy dash diet recipes are good for controlling your weight and belly fat. If the above-mentioned easy dash diet recipes for weight loss helped you in any way then do share your views in the comments section.