Are you interested in learning body toning workout s to target specific parts of your body?
If you’ve noticed that there’s a specific part of your body that you feel needs some work, then you’re not alone.
Many people are looking for ways to target specific areas of their bodies and improve muscle tone.
My advice is always to start with the basics and then move on from there.
There are over 650 named muscles in your body, so it’s no surprise that there are many different types of exercises out there to help you get stronger.
Apart from the benefit of weight loss, toned muscles also provide a better shape to the body and help develop better posture.
Most of the exercises are relatively simple and can be done at home and any gym.
What is Body Toning?
Body Toning seems to be a new trend when it comes to exercise and to stay fit.
But what is Body Toning anyway? And does it work?
Body toning workoutis a form of exercise that aims to reduce fat and strengthen muscles.
It goes beyond basic weight training as it concentrates on building lean muscle mass. Body toning, also known as muscle toning, is not just about losing or gaining weight.
It is also about overall body shaping.
Benefits of Body Toning
There is a wide range of advantages of practicing body toning workout, from better health to a more desirable physique.
Here are the top benefits of body toning workout;
- Boosts Overall Health
- Conserving energy keeps your body healthier for longer
- More than just muscle tone, it burns calories and fat
- It helps your body look better in clothing
- Healthy joints and muscles extend the quality of your life.
Areas you can Target With Body Toning
Upper body toning workout exercises refer literally to any kind of exercise done on or above the upper body.
This includes exercises involving arms, chest, back, and abdomen.
Upper body exercise helps build stronger muscles in these areas, which provide added flexibility, support, and strength.
Lower body toning workout is the exercise you can apply to your lower body, especially your legs, including the calves, buttocks, hips, and thighs.
They are called “toning” exercises because they help tone your muscle to some degree.
These exercises are considered low impact, so they don’t harm the joints.
Abs and core
Abdominal muscles are essential parts in our body; it helps in proper digestion while eliminating wastes and toxins out of our system.
Our abdominal muscles are also known as core body toning workout.
It helps to support the back and lumbar area so that we can stand straight.
This requires a fat-burning process combined with lifting weight to make up for the exercises having only a small muscle mass.
Abs are made of six abdominal muscles, which are used not only for fat burning but also for breathing purposes.
18 Effective Full Body Toning Workout
It is difficult sometimes to figure out what body toning workouts are good for targeting specific parts of the body.
Especially when you take into account different people start with different goals.
Some people may only want to work on some trouble areas such as arms and butt and so on.
For others, they may want to lose weight overall or want tighter abs, and so on.
Whether you want to tone your whole body or target a specific area, the right exercises can help you achieve your goal.
Some of the best 20 body toning workout exercises are;
- Dancer’s stretch
This third position stretch is often performed by dancers, although it has many other health benefits as well.
- At its beginning, the dancer starts with your arms up above your head
- Bend down from the waist
- Bend over at the knees
- Stretch your arms out to the sides
- Tilt your head down and back
- Let your body follow the bend of your legs towards the ground
- For a deeper stretch, try reaching for one foot then or the other
- Half jumping jacks
Half jumping jacks is a great cardio exercise to condition your lower body.
This exercise can be done without any setup as you can use your body weight for resistance.
- Stand tall
- Place hands overhead
- Jump feet apart
- Touch toes while and stomach in
- Bring back together
- Jump again
- Frog push-ups
Frog pushups are extensively used in the army.
These pushups are especially known for their mobility action and strengthening.
The main reason behind this is frog pushup exercise primarily targets upper body muscles, shoulders, chest, biceps arms, and shoulders.
It is a simple yet very effective exercise to build strength.
- Position your legs to close together and put your hands on the floor in front of your shoulders
- Push yourself up slowly, like a moving frog
- Bend your knees as you do this.
- Mountain climbers
Mountain climbers exercise is simple to do, but incredibly effective for building leg and core strength.
Once mastered, this exercise helps you improve speed, agility, and endurance like no other exercise.
- Get into a push-up position
- Raise your right leg off the ground
- Lower right foot to the left-hand side
- Raise your left leg off the ground
- Lower left foot to the right-hand side
- Continue for as long as you can (try for 15-30 seconds)
- Side lunge to inner thigh lift
The Side lunge to Inner thigh lift is a great move to engage the inner thigh muscles, as well as the hip flexors and hamstrings.
You’ll be using all of these muscle groups when performing this exercise.
This means that even though it’s primarily an inner thigh workout, you’ll also benefit from numerous other body parts and exercises including your chest, your quads, hamstrings, and lower abs.
- Squat with your legs shoulder-width apart
- Place your right hand on the ground next to your left foot
- Lunge forward with your left leg
- Lift your inner right thigh and buttock
- Pause for twenty seconds in the air, then repeat the movement with opposite hands next to your right foot.
- Climbers wall push-ups
Climbers wall push-ups are a great way to build overall chest and triceps strength.
It is also called the one-arm wall push-ups. This exercise will help you in improving your climbing abilities and will improve your climbing stamina and power.
- Step 1. Stand in front of the wall, put your legs shoulder-width apart
- Step 2. Lean forward and place your palms on the wall
- Step 3. Lift your right foot and place it on top of the opposite leg
- Step 4. Slowly start lowering yourself down until your chest almost touches the wall, and then push yourself up again while breathing out through the mouth.
- Chest Press
Chest Press is a compound body toning workout, which works for several muscle groups at once.
It primarily works the Chest, but also works the Shoulders and Arms.
Since it is a compound exercise, it uses multiple muscle groups, if you don’t do it correctly, you can injure yourself.
- Start this exercise by lying down on a flat bench.
- Lift the weight bar above your chest and hold it with your hands placed 3-4 inches apart, grasping the bar at shoulder width.
- Now, lower the bar to touch your chest while keeping it at the same perpendicular level as when you first started.
- Push it back up until your arms are straight again.
- Make sure that you aren’t locking your elbows during any part of this process.
- If all goes well, then try performing it faster.
- Back Extensions
Back extensions exercise is one of the most important lower back exercises and an excellent way to strengthen your back muscles.
It works while simultaneously stretching the muscles and soft tissue in your lower back.
The exercise works the deep muscles of your spinal erectors, which lie on either side of your spine, as well as the rhomboid and thoracic paraspinal muscles.
Your back erectors are responsible for maintaining a stable spine and supporting the weight of your upper body.
- Start on your back
- Lay on a flat surface
- Lift your legs straight up from the ground while still laying down
- Slowly bend to 90-degree angles at the knees, then 90 degrees at the elbows, continue until you cannot anymore, and go back down again.
Crunch is an exercise to train abdominal muscles.
Most often, when people talk about this exercise, we mean a special Crunch that stretches and forms the stomach muscles so that they are lifted.
It turns out that this is the most effective with which to form a six-pack.
This technique works by targeting the deeply-located inner panniculus adipose tissue (also called visceral fat or belly flab).
- Lie on your back on a mat, knees bent 90 degrees
- Lower legs flat on the floor.
- Put your hands under your buttocks to raise the lower back off the floor.
- Crunch forward till you touch the chest to the knees
- Do this repeatedly till the required target
- Shoulder Extensions
The Shoulder Extension exercise is a great body toning workout to strengthen the muscles in your shoulders and upper back.
These muscles are essential because they act as stabilizers for your rotator cuff.
It also stabilizes the shoulder joint, and these are critical for arm movements such as throwing and lifting.
- Lie down with knees bent and feet flat on the floor
- Bring hands behind your head, fingers interlaced and elbows up off the floor
- Squeeze shoulder blades together and raise both straight out to the sides until they are in line with your ears
- Lower back to starting position under control
- Repeat reps
- Hip Raises
Hip raises an excellent exercise for tightening your waist, improving your posture, and burning calories.
This is an excellent glute exercise, and they’re surprisingly easy to style up.
- Place a chair, couch, or coffee table in front of you.
- Prop or brace your foot against the chair, couch, or table
- Brace your upper body on the ground using your forearms
- Lift hips off the ground with your leg as straight as possible
- Slowly extend the leg and return to starting position
- Repeat reps and set as desired
- Leg Extension
The leg extension body toning workout is a severe bodybuilding exercise.
It targets the quadriceps muscle group in the upper leg.
The leg extension also serves as a great exercise to build muscle mass and strength.
- Lie down on your back and extend your leg
- Keep your knee straight
- Hold for 5 seconds and release
- Repeat ten times
- Single Arm Row
If you want to get toned arms, single Arm Rows are the best exercises you can do.
It targets both your biceps and triceps, much like the Double Arm Rows but with better results.
You do this by adding weight to one side of the hand and working one arm at a time.
- Stand tall holding kettlebell in the arm not being used to perform this exercise
- .Keeping upper body steady, bend down until chest brushes against the opposite arm
- Pull shoulder back until hand behind the knee (thigh)
- Return to start position and repeat on the opposite side for a set number of repetitions
- Lunges for thighs and hips
One of the best body toning workout to tone the muscles in your hips and thighs is lunges.
Lunges work all the muscles in your lower body and can be modified for an intense strength training workout or a gentle, toning exercise session.
This body toning workout is a must for people looking for a more substantial lower body and better balance.
- First step: Stand with your feet together, hold your hands straight down at the side of the waist, or place them on the hips if you feel comfortable doing so.
- Second step: Take a big action forward with one leg and bend both knees
- Third step: Hold for a moment, then straight to your regular stance. Repeat ten times
- Bridges for Fat-Burning and Thighs Shaping
The bridge for thighs shaping exercise can help you eliminate fatty hips, flabby thighs, and cellulite on your lower body.
If you want to burn fat effectively without using a lot of free time and waiting for a long result, try the bridge for thighs shaping the next time.
It’s very effective and simple!
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Pull in your belly while keeping shoulders down and relaxed.
- Lift your butt off the floor, keeping back straight purely
- Hold this position for 2-3 minutes
- Side Crawl to Slim Thighs, Lower Body, and Curves
Side Crawl to Slim Thighs, Lower Body, and Curves is an alternating crawl that tends to make people think they’re working their obliques.
It’s a fun exercise; it is pretty challenging for most, mainly when you focus on something specific.
- Stand with your legs roughly shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and lean your upper body over slightly.
- Make sure your knees are pointed forward and not extended out to the side.
- Place your hands on the ground.
- From this position, slowly lift one leg off the floor and move it forward
- Try to abstain from lifting your opposite arm in the air unless it is necessary for balance.
- Bowler squats
Bowler squats are considered one of the most effective upper body toning workouts for building massive arms.
This exercise is performed similarly to regular back squats.
The difference is that the movement is performed with the feet placed slightly closer together, and the knees come out from the chest.
Bowler squats look like someone who may have a bowler hat while holding two bowling balls in their hands.
Bowler squats work many muscles at once, which is why they make an excellent addition to any strength training routine.
- Stand up as you would to bowl a ball
- Make sure to keep your legs straight
- Keep your back linear (no curve)
- Slowly lower yourself until you are sitting on your thighs
- Hold for 15 seconds and then slowly come back up
- Repeat ten times
- Jump squats
The jump squat is an intense body toning workout that can add a lot of strength to your legs and butt.
It is also effortless and doesn’t take much time to complete.
- Position yourself so you stand facing away from a box, bench, or chair about 6-12 inches high.
- Your feet should be hip-width apart, and your toes should be facing straight ahead or slightly turned out.
- Both hands should be holding dumbbells.
- Bend at your hips and knees and lower down so that your chest almost touches the surface of the box, bench, or chair.
- Jump up and down the bench taking pauses at each landing.
Body Toning Exercises for Females
Body toning exercisest for females are among the most popular today.
There are numerous people out there that are aiming to tone their bodies by making body-toning moves.
These exercises remove bulk and deliver a leaner, tighter, and firmer body without subjecting it to extreme workouts or damaging diets.
Both men and women can make these body-toning moves, and everyone has different targets in terms of areas that they would like to tone.
Most body toning workouts for females focus a great deal on the legs and buttocks.
Some women, though, don’t have a problem with their buttocks but want to tone their upper body.
Some body toning workouts cater to this purpose.
Finally, body toning workout must be put together with a proper diet and should be done on a consistent basis as this way you will see results with regards to your outlook.