15 Best Compression Socks for 2022
You probably travel a lot or spend a lot of time walking in your 12-hour shift job. Your legs always get swollen, and you feel like blood doesn’t travel to your feet as it should. What might the solution be? You wonder out loud. The answer to that is to use the best compression socks.
The best compression Socks have seen a surge in popularity as people see them as a part of fitness and medical equipment or recovery for active lifestyles. Are you an air hostess who spends lots of time on air? Or perhaps you are a nurse and spend 12 hours saving lives? Or maybe you are an athlete who wants to avoid swelling while you practice. I’ve got you covered. You’ll find the 15 best compression socks for every situation in this list.
The science behind wearing the best compression socks is simple! It increases blood flow & nutrients to your legs by applying pressure around your ankle, thereby reducing swelling and allowing more blood and oxygen to reach the lower part of your body for reduced pain and discomfort.
I went through the best compression socks worn by runners, weightlifters, those recovering from leg injuries, pregnant women, and people who spend a lot of time on their feet and came up with the best ones that keep them comfortable.
While I haven’t tried all the 15 brands on the list (I tried at least 8), I have been wearing the best compression socks for the past 18 months, and I can recognize a good one when I see it. With factors such as breathability, level of compression, quality of material, and price in mind, these are what I can come up with.
1. QUXIANG Copper Compression Socks for Women & Men
Increase your performance and comfort level during your physical activities by wearing these QUXIANG best compression socks!
These socks are constructed from high-grade nylon and offer a 15-20mmHg compression level. They bring the perfect support to your legs and are made of high-quality material.
Whether you’re an athlete, sportsperson, teacher, flight crew, receptionist, office worker, pregnant woman or older adult, etc. They are perfect for both men and women to wear!
- Vast color choices and patterns.
- Comfortable and breathable fabric
- Lightweight compression socks
- Effective for recovery.
- Washed only with cold water
2. Physix Gear Sport Compression Socks for Men & Women
These socks from Physix Gear Sport provide everything you need from a pair of the best compression socks, making them a great addition to any shoe.
The high-quality material reduces over-sweating while boosting circulation to improve oxygen flow in your feet.
Furthermore, the material keeps them up without causing discomfort, and the graduated compression slows your blood flow for increased stamina. The comfortable design also makes these great for everyday use.
- Comfortable fabric and a very aesthetically pleasing design.
- The socks are lightweight.
- It provides significant ankle support for those who have weak ankles.
- They are one of the best athletic socks on the market.
- At the initial use, some people find it challenging to wear.
- More effective for athletic use than for recovery.
3. FuelMeFoot Copper Compression Socks Women & Men Circulation
FuelMeFoot focuses on helping your feet look and feel their best. Designed with a compression rate of 15-20mmHg, they improve blood circulation while working well with natural body movements.
These socks have copper fibers to increase oxygen flow while dispensing negative ions to improve your overall health. The socks are made using thick fabric material that is both stretchable and very breathable, which keeps moisture at bay.
This ensures that feet remain cool and dry for long periods and bacteria do not grow within them, making them one of the best compression socks for me.
- Thick fabric material that is both stretchable and very breathable
- It comes in three pairs
- The socks wick moisture away from the feet, which helps prevent odors from building up.
- Infused with copper fibers to help improve blood flow as you exercise.
- You might want to size down if you have small calves.
4. CHARMKING Compression Socks for Women & Men
CHARMKING is a leading manufacturer of one of the best compression socks. Their unique design and cutting-edge technology offer excellent compression and support for your foot.
These socks are made of elastic lycra fabric, which will let you experience the most comfortable wearing experience.
- A strong solid heel on the sides helps protect the Achilles tendon.
- Soft and breathable material.
- They provide an excellent level of compression.
- It is made from comfortable fabric.
- These socks keep your feet dry.
- Leaves thread patterns on your skin after removal.
5. ZFiSt 3Pair Medical Sports Compression Socks
These socks are Ideal for people with medical problems with their legs, such as swelling and varicose veins, or for people who do a lot of walking, running, or cross-training.
These best compression socks are designed to stimulate your muscle tissue and reduce scar tissue buildup while providing extra support to the ankle joint.
The extra padding along the lower leg provides extra cushioning and all-around protection during physical activity. These socks feature a circular knit structure that delivers 360-degree stretch and makes them super flexible.
- Provides firm support around the ankle and calf.
- They are designed with medical-grade 20 – 30 mmHg compression.
- Provides elastic comfort and flexibility.
- The XXL is more fitting for those with bigger calves.
6. Laite Hebe Compression socks
The Laite Hebe 15-20 mmHg best compression socks are specially designed for long flights, stressful days, and exercising. The unique mesh weave design of the fabric allows more air circulation. This keeps your feet dry and cool all day.
Additionally, it helps stimulate the cells, improve blood circulation, reduce fatigue, and prevent cramping. These micro-nylon blend socks are extra soft and durable and feature a wide top band that keeps the socks firmly in place.
- Micro-nylon blend fabric provides ultimate breathability.
- Keeps feet comfortable, dry and healthy
- It reduces swelling.
- Not true to size
7. Burton Performance+ Ultralight Compression Socks
The Burton Performance+ Ultralight Compression Socks give you the same support, style, and ski-ready performance as the standard Performance+ socks. It is backed with an ultralight bone of wool that keeps your feet warm and toasty without weighing you down.
This sock is perfect for long days on the mountain. Don’t let your socks keep you from exploring new terrain.
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- These compression socks are lightweight
- It is odor resistant
- It is more performance socks than recovery compression socks.
8. Champion Women’s Mid Crew Compression Sport Socks
Champion socks are designed to reduce tiredness, swelling, and fatigue during and after physical activity.
These lightweight, slightly tighter-fitting best compression socks help promote blood flow and ease post-workout puffiness, leaving feet feeling great.
- Comfortable and breathable fabric.
- It keeps your feet dry with moisture-wicking.
- Socks help with leg compression.
- If you’re looking for knee highs, go for another brand.
- Limited colors
9. Bluemaple Compression Socks
You may need the best compression socks if you want new workout equipment. Whether an athlete or a fitness enthusiast, these socks provide the comfort and support needed to stay active.
At 20-30mmHg of pressure, they help reduce leg swelling and improve performance while keeping you safe.
If you’re looking for the best compression socks to enhance your workouts and support your body better, try Bluemaple Compression Socks!
- It is made of lightweight, breathable fabric.
- They contain copper, which supports blood circulation.
- They are odor-resistant and moisture-managing.
- If washed too hard, you might damage them.
10. Vitalsox Women’s Patented Graduated Compression Socks
From the refreshing feeling of clean feet to how they hug your legs, you’ll feel energized by these patented graduated compression socks.
The best compression socks are an excellent option for keeping your feet feeling and looking healthy if you suffer from circulation disorders or swelling.
Built with comfort in mind, these versatile socks are perfect for various activities.
- Provides support and comfort to your feet.
- Breathable and lightly padded material
- They are designed for recovery and performance.
- Leaves thread patterns on your skin after removal.
11. Levsox Wide Calf Compression Socks for Women & Men
When your life’s on the move, you need durable and stylish, high-quality socks that provide you with the support you need.
Levsox was specially designed for men and women with active lifestyles. It can help relieve soreness, prevent injury and improve blood circulation. This way, you can perform better during daily activities or exercise.
The wide calves fit comfortably and naturally but closely on your legs. It delivers strong leg support and long-lasting graduated compression. Additionally, these best compression socks are excellent plus-sized for wide calves.
- They are lightweight and breathable.
- Provide you with enough support & stretch
- Wide calf compression socks
- Best for those with wide calves
12. HLTPRO Compression Socks for Women & Men
Hltpro compression socks are made of premium iron, nylon, and spandex blend, offering all-day comfort to your sock drawer! It provides 20-30 mmHg graduated compression to help increase blood flow.
They are ideal for long-distance travel, office work, pregnancy, and medical conditions.
Additionally, they come in several vibrant colors that mix with every outfit.
- Perfect compression and support for your legs and feet.
- They are breathable but soft.
- Lightweight enough to fit comfortably in your carry-on luggage when traveling
- If you have big calves, you should go with something else.
13. Sooverki Knee High Compression Socks
Sooverki compression socks are the perfect alternative to clunky, expensive knee-high best compression socks. It comes in a compact case and will fit nicely into your toiletry bag or luggage for travel or business trips.
Through the copper fibers, it brings a 15-20 mmHg compression. This helps rejuvenate blood circulation throughout your legs while reducing stress and discomfort.
Additionally, these comfortable thigh-high compression socks use graduated compression. This allows your calf muscles and ankles to receive firm pressure as you walk, run or move about.
- Comes in 8 pairs.
- It has a unique combination of colors.
- They are perfect for a whole week without daily washing
- It may not be perfect if you are looking for more compression than 15-20 mmHg.
14. Blueenjoy Copper Compression Socks
These best compression socks from Blueenjoy are specially designed to relieve people who suffer from varicose veins, poor circulation, or edema.
They are made of a lightweight, breathable copper-infused fabric that the company claims is safe for sensitive skin.
Blueenjoy Copper socks can also be used for other health conditions such as swollen limbs, tired legs, sprained ankles, knee pain, leg cramps, and swollen feet.
- Very soft and easy to wear
- Good for recovery
- Comfort and ease blood circulation.
- No larger size for very big calves.
15. A-Swift Compression Socks Women & Men
A-Swift compression socks help reduce lactic acid build-up and aid muscle recovery.
Great for sports and your daily routine. These socks are made with high-quality fabrics to fit perfectly and stay comfortable so you can move freely.
Use them for running, cross-fit training, hiking, trekking, yoga, or just relaxing at home. The fabric wicks moisture away to keep your feet dry, comfortable, and odor-free all day.
- 20 – 30 mmHg compression pressure.
- Breathable and comfortable fabric
- They keep feet dry all day.
- Be careful when sizing.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing The Best Compression Socks
1. Product type
These socks come in different styles based on their objective. Choose the one which is more appropriate for the purpose of use. For example, do you want short or long-length socks? Consider the available colors also.
Material is a very important factor when buying a pair of the best compression socks. The material that is used to make the socks must be comfortable as well as durable.
If you’re wearing them for running or working out, ensure they are made from breathable material. Also, it should be constructed so that moisture won’t build up inside it.
Aside from the usual cotton and wool, you can also check out polyester and bamboo.
3. Level of compression
Compression is measured in mmHg. Levels range from 15- 20 mmHg, 20-30mmHg and so on. Socks with higher compression will provide a greater degree of venous compression, which improves circulation.
However, lower compression would be better if you have poor circulation or your legs feel heavy, a quality that the best compression socks all share.
First, Make sure to check the size chart provided by the company. Select the right size according to your feet and calves’ measurement.
Overly tight socks are not recommended; you may cause damage to your limbs because of poor blood circulation and possible injury.
Uses Of Compression Socks
The best compression socks are becoming more popular as athletes and people who suffer from leg pain and swelling find they can help.
Not only can these socks help when it comes to getting through a workout, but they also have been shown to improve recovery time between your workouts. Additionally, they aid those recovering from surgery for lower leg swelling.
Medical professionals recommend compression socks for sufferers of varicose veins and hemorrhoids. They help you retain your muscle mass and improve circulation.
With so many lovely socks on the market, it can be hard to choose. But the best compression socks aren’t the ones that look good. They’re the ones that help your feet, and lower leg feels better so you can be more active and do more things.
I hope this list was able to help you in choosing a pair of the best compression socks and that your feet are happy as ever!
What strength of compression socks do I need?
Their compression rating should be 15- 20mmHg, which aligns with most best compression socks.
What does 20 30 mmHg mean for compression socks?
20-30 mmHg socks are commonly used to assist in recovery from exercise and improve blood circulation. When it comes to the best compression socks, the lower the number, the more compression. Higher numbers indicate less compression. Typically you want to get a shorter and higher number for running and a longer and lower number for recovery.
Do I need a prescription for compression stockings?
Not always. Compression Stockings are used to treat chronic venous insufficiency. Doctors prescribe them to people with varicose veins, hemorrhoids, phlebitis, and other problems involving poor leg circulation.
However, you do not always need a prescription for the best compression stockings. You can buy compression socks online, excluding doctors’ appointments, lab processing, and bill.